Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our 44th President: Barack Obama

At 12:06 p.m. on January 20, 2009, Barack Obama took the oath of office, solemnly swearing to execute the office of The President of the United States faithfully. At that moment I felt like our country was headed in a new direction. Whether I thought that direction was a positive one, I can not say. But, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about most of his plans, and believe that he has only good intentions for the nation when devising these plans. I've looked at many of his policies, and have found some that I am truly excited about and others that I hope never get legalized. For example, I believe that he has great ideas for saving the environment, but I completely disagree with his stance on abortion. For now, I'm going to keep an open mind and not make any rash assumptions and see where he leads us.

1 comment:

  1. Blake...I too have mixed feelings about his many lofty goals; however, I will keep an open mind on his liberal views on the Pro-Life movement. It seems that so many liberals forget that Pro-Life means not killing innocent babies before they are born and conservatives forget that Pro-Life means opposing the Death Penalty...hmmmm....we have quite a mixed bag of politics....makes you think.

    ReplyDelete

Eagles - Hotel California.mp3