Monday, March 9, 2009

Service Project

A service project that I plan to work on is to work at Proctor Hospital. I worked there last summer, and I had a great time. I worked in the surgical area, where I folded laundry and checked case carts, which are the carts that hold all the surgical instruments for a given surgery, and I also worked as an assistant to a nurse in their general in-patient area. I loved it all, and I want to be a doctor when I grow up, so I gained some valuable experience in the field. While working in the surgical area, I was able to see many different surgeries, which was so cool! I found that lots of the patients that I helped were happy to see a fresh young face in a scary environment, so I am glad that I could help the patients have a more pleasant experience while they were at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eagles - Hotel California.mp3